Monday, June 22, 2009

E3 Pre order Picks, Games or Biz?

Whilst on the subject of games I have had to be a bit more choosy in what games I end up getting whilst setting up Feeding Edge. Moving from a two income family to a single income and a startup entrepreneur does not make for instant high amounts of disposable income :)
However, games have been a driver for me to even start with computers in the first place and the crossover of work and play means that understanding them is even more important.
As the games companies start to figure out social media and the interactions we have the style of gaming changes.
My first essential pre-order pick in that respect is Forza 3.
I have always like the Playstation Gran Turismo game for levelling up but Forza 2 with is car customization and paintwork, combined with marketplace sharing took this a stage further.



I will remember the previous Forza 2 for being able to make a custom version of the Ferrari 430 that I drove on my 40th birthday.

Ferrari F430
eightbar f430
I was then able to send a version of this to my fellow eightbar at the time Roo and then also work that into various metaverse presentations and blog posts
Combine that with being into cars, loving driving games past all other games and its pretty much a given that Forza will grace my collection on the 360.

The other must have will have to be


Playing Prototype made me remember how much I really enjoyed crackdown originally :) The various points of obsession of trying to reach places like the top of the main tower, and the vertigo it could introduce are classic gaming moments in my memory.
So thats the list at the moment. I wanted to make this a top 3 but there are a few vying for 3rd place.
The Beatles Rock Band (Xbox 360)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) Still no release date!
Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)
To name but a few (not including Eye Pet which the predlets will love of course)

No comments: