Thursday, August 16, 2007

30 Years since Elvis died, 17 since SRV died

It is 30 years today since Elvis died. I was brought up listening to Elvis and I am a big fan. I know the image of Elvis is a very tragic and cartoony one, but what a talented and influential singer he was.
I was suprised I had never visited Elvis.com thats not a recommendation, but just I realized that elvis was back in my youth, before computers. I was 10 when he died. I did remake some of the tunes c=64 style with some animations, but it never really did the song justice :-)
It is nice to see thinks like this footage on youtube of a young elvis.





It is also 17 years this month since Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed in a helicopter crash. SRV was one of the greatest blue guitar players ever.



In a desert island disk type of way I would have to take some Elvis and SRV with me to keep me sane.

No comments: