Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I love music but sometimes forget - Still the brits is great

We have got the Brits on TV tonight, live awards show. Firstly its great as it finally has come of age, gone live and suitably edgy. Russell Brand is a hoot and insane.
They just had Brand introduce Steven Tyler and Sophie Ellis Bextor (never would have thought I would ever see that) to introduce an award that the Killers got.
What was great was to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers perform. I have been a fan since the first time I saw and heard give it away on MTV. I am so glad they have become such a mega band as people used to say 'who?', the same used to happen with Green Day.
The other weirdness is that I have to admit I really like the Take That song that the reformed boy band did. Patience as a song is crafted and performed so well that it is impossible to ignore. It seems like it could have been pushed out in any genre and work.

Now I have to say that I never thought with my rock, blues and rap portfolio that I would ever post a youtube link of take that!
I alway sused to make a rule I woudl not buy a CD (yes old skool) if it did not have a parental advisory sticker on it. But music is music.
And what do you know they just one the first live brit vote for the best single.

No comments: